Intel Thunderbolt Controller drivers 2.0.4 WHQL. - This download record provides firmware and drivers for the Thunderbolt technology. Although Intel currently holds a monopoly on Thunderbolt-capable controllers, the tech is actually available in several flavors. Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows* 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Supported Thunderbolt Controllers
- Added support for L5110 controllers
- Added a service component to the SW stack
- The SW components (driver, service and System Tray application) will start automatically
when a new Thunderbolt device is connected and will go down when no devices are connected
(except if user has one of these screens open: Settings, Manage Approved Devices).
- When Policy settings are changed via the system tray application the settings are applied
to connected devices without the need to disconnect them.
- System Tray application displays error messages when in No Security mode (Legacy mode).
- System Tray application supports moving devices from "connect once" to "always connect" via
the Approve Devices dialog.
- When a non-admin connects a new device there will be a persistent dialog indicating the
new device (instead of a balloon that disappears).
- Removed support from Windows 8 32b & 64b and from Windows 8.1 32b.