Intel 530/535 SSD Series Firmware Update Tool 2.0.14. - This tool is intended to enable/disable DevSleep feature on selected SSD models to prevent known drive detection issue with Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2012.
- Device Sleep (or DevSleep/DEVSLP) is the latest feature in some SATA devices which allows them to go into a low power "device sleep" state. As an example, power consumption of Intel Solid-State Drive Pro 2500 Series (2.5-inch) in DevSleep mode is only 5 mW vs 55 mW in idle state.
Drive detection issue related to DevSleep feature:
- On some motherboards the BIOS and OS are enabling the feature on affected drives, but the motherboard does not signal to wake the SSD back.
Symptoms of this issue are:
- SSD disappears in Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2012 install
- SSD disappears after resume from sleep
- Intel Solid-State Drive 530 Series
- Intel Solid-State Drive 535 Series
- Intel Solid-State Drive Pro 2500 Series (Current version of the tool does not support enabling/disabling DevSleep feature)