WD My Cloud Network Storages Firmware 1.05.21. - Western Digital has just rolled out new firmware packages compatible with My Cloud NAS models, which resolve Shellshock bash security vulnerabilities such as CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-6277, CVE-2014-6278, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, and CVE-2014-7187.
In order to be clear on the downloadable packages, the producer has made available firmware 04.01.00-408 targeted at the My Cloud personal storages, as well as build 1.05.21 compatible with its My Cloud Mirror, EX2, and EX4 devices.
As for the rest of the changes, these new updates include media file name search and media view filtering support in WD My Cloud mobile application. Also, the My Cloud alone gets full factory restore and iTunes-related issues fixed.
Beside these changes, the 1.05.21 firmware also adds support for 32K hybrid page sizes and USB Backup from attached USB ports, and allows turning off Cloud Access in order to disable media transcoding.
- Resolved issue of Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-6277, CVE-2014-6278, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187) bash security vulnerability.
- Supports 32K hybrid page sizes for enhanced device read and write performance.
- Improved device dashboard user interface response time.
- Supports disabling of media transcoding by turning off Cloud Access.
- Supports creation of a share folder when creating user via ‘Getting Started’ or adding user through ‘Users’ page.
- Supports media file name search in WD My Cloud mobile app.
- Supports media view filtering in WD My Cloud mobile app.
- Supports USB Backup from attached USB ports.
- Supports RAID capacity expansion for utilize the maximum size of unused storage space.
- Resolved issue of large data transfer interruption when copying files between the WD My Cloud EX4 and an attached USB drive.
- Resolved issue of not able to change USB share name.
- Resolved issue of not joining the domain after a reboot when setup with Link Aggregation to 802.3ad
- Resolved issue of unable to restore to default setting after holding the reset button for 30 seconds while applying power.
- Resolved problems with file transfer performance via MTP protocol.
- Supports file/folder transferring in RAID 5 to maintain its structure when hot pulling one of the drives off the WD My Cloud EX4.
- Resolved issue of Active Directory group not able to access private shares after joining the AD domain.
- Resolved issue of FTP download user interface only showing name of the folder instead of full folder path.
- Resolved FTP download function to support file name that contains special characters.
- Resolved issue of WD Quick View preventing the WD My Cloud EX4 from entering standby mode.
- Resolved issue with the Jumbo frame field setting not getting saved after reboot.
Download WD My Cloud EX4 Personal Cloud Storage Firmware 1.05.21
Download WD My Cloud EX2 Personal Storage Firmware 1.05.21
Download WD My Cloud Mirror Personal Storage Firmware 1.05.21
Download WD My Cloud Personal Storage Firmware 04.01.00-408